Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's Been a While!

I just returned from a wonderful week of fun in the sun in Florida with two of my daughters and three of my grandchildren! We had a wonderful time swimming each day and looking for seashells on the beach!

I'm afraid I haven't been posting too regularly lately! It's summer, what can I say? :) I've been reading as much as I can, which I love to do in the summer time! Just yesterday, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a new Artist Set for an unbelievable price!! It has all the mediums in it you could want!! Oils, Pastels, Watercolors, Pencils and Charcoal! The wooden box it all comes in, opens up to be used as an easel! I haven't painted or drawn much in the past 8 years. I stopped when I began working full-time! I got the urge to get back to it the other day as I was finishing the unpacking of the remaining boxes left since our move back into our house! I unpacked some of my paintings and rehung them in my room and that started the old urge to paint again! As some of you know, we had moved when my husband accepted the position of a Camp Director back in November of last year. Well..... needless to say that did not work out and we ended up going back to our previous employer, who gladly accepted him back! Praise be to God for that! We moved back into our home downtown, which didn't sell, by the way! One reason to be thankful for the lousy economy as someone said!

I'm going to try to start drawing and painting again! I'm so excited and can't wait to get back to it!

Here is a picture of my new Art set!!

2 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Hey, Linda ...

It was good to see you posting again. What a nice artist set. I hope you will share your painting projects with us. How exciting!

Cindy said...

Hi Linda, thanks for visiting my page and for leaving such a nice comment. Glad to hear you had a nice vacation here in Florida. I hope you all missed the rain while here. We've had some major thunder storms over the past few days.

I look forward to visiting your blog again.

Cindy