Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Mornings and You, Lord

Sunday Mornings! Don't you just love them? A time to refresh ourselves and a time to charge our spiritual batteries by spending some special time with the Lord.
Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

I have two little books by Ruth Harms Calkin that I purchased many years ago while living in Indiana. I'm not sure if they're still available or not but I just love her simple and pure way of speaking to God as you would a friend, face to face over coffee. No pretenses, just purely open and honest conversation. The way it should be between God and us. Here's one I particularly like because it should be our daily desire as we go about our business either at home, the workplace or out in the world as we run errands.
May this be the prayer of each of us:


You who are


The Bright and Morning Star


Come in radiant splendor


And flood each shadowed crevice


Of my sullen heart


Until the world know


I've touched a Star.


No comments: