Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Travel


My husband and I will be traveling tomorrow to go to Chicago. He has training he has to be a part of and I'll be staying with my Mom and visiting with family. I hate leaving our poor Baby behind, but he'll be taken care of while we're away. Even so, we'll miss him a lot. He's such a "baby". He tries to talk to me each night. He gets in front of me and wants me to pet him and if I don't pet him immediately, he does the "woo woo" song, that's typical of Boxers. It honestly seems like he's trying to say words! We can 't help but laugh and of course then he gets what he wants, to be petted and allowed to climb half-way up into our laps.

Well, it'll be good to be able to see my family again and visit with my Baby sister and my Brother. My Brother just returned from England so I'm anxious to hear all about his trip and see his pictures! I'll be swimming with my Sister in her pool and we'll watch some favorite movies together and maybe work on making some jewelry while I'm there. We both like making custom jewelry! Of course we'll go shopping also!! :) A favorite passtime of ours!

I may not add much to my Blog until I get back home next week. I intend to try to help my Mom get a Blog started of her own. I'm trying to encourage her to start putting down some of her memories about when she was younger and when she got married and they moved to Illinois and my Dad and Grandfather built our houses there.


Somthing to think about until I return!

Life

Life is a gift to be used every day,

Not to be smothered and hidden away;

It isn't a thing to be stored in the chest

Where you gather your keepsakes and treasure your best;

It isn't a joy to be sipped now and then

And promptly put back in a dark place again.

Life is a gift that the humblest may boast of

And one that the humblest may well make the most of.

Get out and live it each hour of the day,

Wear it and use it as much as you may;

Don't keep it in niches and corners and grooves,

You'll find that in service its beauty improves.

~~~Edgar A. Guest

God bless you and enjoy the week!


No comments: