Friday, October 23, 2009

Dream Realities



Did you ever wake up and realize you had been dreaming?  It's funny how sometimes the real world invades your sleep and molds itself into a dream.  

This morning, I was dreaming that I was out somewhere (you know how surreal dreams can be), and I had to walk home for some reason.  I was carrying a plastic grocery sack with a quart of milk in it (that's really bizarre for me!) and I had to walk down one street and it was getting dark.  Then I had to walk down this other long street and across a bridge and it began to rain and get so foggy that I couldn't see where I was going.  I was upset that here I was in the dark and rain and still had a long walk home and my husband hadn't even come out to look for me! 



Then I woke up to the sound of a train whistle blowing far away and the sound of rain.  Wait, there was something else.....  the sound of our Boxer lying at the foot of the bed loudly knawing on his rawhide bone!  I guess he figured since I was sleeping-in and he wanted to be near me, he'd get his bone and amuse himself while he waited.  


 When I fully awakened, I found that I was "annoyed" at my dear husband!  This has happened before.  The poor man has taken the blame for things he did in my "dreams"!  ha ha! I wasn't really annoyed, just mildly!  When I told him my dream and how I was upset with him in the dream for not coming to look for me and rescue me from having to walk so far alone, in the dark, and in the misting rain and fog, he said "Jeeze...  I can get into trouble even in your dreams!"  LOL


How funny is that???? We both had a good laugh about that one!

No comments: