Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Spontaneity

My husband and I really need to take a few days and just get away!

Did you ever get that feeling that you just really wished you could go away somewhere in seclusion, hide away from phones and work and just take your Bible and some good books and tuck yourself away in a nice, serene surrounding and just have quiet... seek God's face and insight into His Word and read? I have so many good books I've been given recently that I really want desperately to get alone and read! I've talked to Hubby and we've agreed to at least take 2 days and go somewhere and tuck ourselves away for this very purpose! Yay! We probably won't be able to go tomorrow, but since it's a long weekend, we're planning on going on Friday and staying at least until Sunday somewhere. I want to go to the Smokies and stay in a chalet but at this late date, I'm not sure that will be possible as there are probably 9 million other people with the same idea! We should have planned better! But you know, when you're working and working and then all of a sudden it just BUILDS and you know you need to go or lose your sanity!! You have to do it! Spontaneously!



I go through this from time to time; this feeling of just "having to" get away for a day or two! Away from the routine and busyness and phones! I think the main problem is a longing for God; a starvation if you will. Needing to have that time with God alone and not getting it enough because of the very busyness of certain times of the year. You get up in the morning and there is so much to do that you rush to get showered and dressed and then right to the computer to start in! Ooops.... the day is over and you realize you didn't spend time with the Lord! you can go on like that for so long before you start to get deficient like a body trying to continue on without food or vitamins or fuel to operate on. Sigh.


I need some time in the woods... to hear Nature.... see the sun streaming through the trees and hear the sighing of the wind.... smell the dampness of a forest floor and hear a rippling brook singing as the water flows over the smooth rocks... see a doe come silently out of the trees and stop and look around, frozen, smelling the air to see if it's safe....... yes, I need this!

Time alone with God in His creation and with His Word.


2 comments:

Robin Beck said...

Hi Linda,
Yes, I do get the feeling sometimes of wanting to go somewhere to hide away from the world & be closer to the Lord. Sometimes it takes my hubby and I climbing 10 miles up a mountain to get this seclusion. I always feel so close to the Lord when I am out in nature or up in the mountains. If I can't get away like that I hide away in my closet! :) I take all the phones to the other side of the house, put the dog in another room, turn the fan on high in my room to drown out any sounds, lock my door-AND Head to my "glory closet!" Ahhhh time with the Lord-Nothing better.
Hope you have a wonderful trip this weekend. Take Care,
Robin

Nancy Rosalina said...

Beautiful post. Nothing better then spend time with HIM. Nancy