Friday, September 25, 2009

In Search of Some Time to Think


Tomorrow, my husband and I will be flying to Chicago to see my Mother for her 80th birthday.  After that, we'll return on Monday to repack and head for Florida for a week of vacation time.  I'm very much looking forward to this time away from our normal lives, to relax and regroup and rethink and just meditate on all that has transpired over this past year thus far. 

When Fall comes, I find that I get very introspective and a little melancholic too.  It's rather like a time of preparation for the "hibernation" that comes with winter and cold weather and remaining inside; for when we have less light. I'm not fond of winter and less light!  I think that even though we are human and do not hibernate as some of the animal kingdom does, all in all, we still have a sort of hibernation that comes upon us. I feel it each Fall.  I start to get a feeling of drawing into myself, contemplating things more; thinking deeper; wanting to meditate on life and circumstances.... going "deeper". 

This is what I'm looking forward to more than anything with this vacation to Florida.  It's not going to be a tourist vacation. We're planning on going to the condo and just resting, reading, watching old movies and I really plan to do a lot of work on my novel while there.  When I can get away from the normal hustle and bustle of "life" as we live it, and go where it will be more quiet and secluded, so I can "think" without distractions and interruptions.  Many times we have had these intentions only to have them side-tracked.  We end up doing the tourist thing anyway.  That is why we decided to go where we are going this next week.  It's nore secluded.  You have to travel for 15 minutes to get to a Wal-mart!   We'll buy our groceries and supplies and then "hibernate" in the condo or walking on the beach in the afternoon sun. Oh how I long for the sun and the ocean!  

Because we'll be hibernating for most of the trip, I may or may not get online much.  We're taking one of those cards from Verizon with us so that we can have Internet access, but I may not get online but once every few days.  We'll see what happens.  :)  If something really spectacular happens and we can get online access, I may upload some photos and a post from time to time.

Wishing you all a wonderful and peaceful week!  

Linda 
Nothing can separate us from God's Love  Romans 8:18-39

1 comment:

BECKY said...

Hi Linda! Hey! You're coming to my neck of the woods, huh? I'm fairly close to Daytona Beach. Where are you guys going to be? The weather has been wonderful so you should have a great time! Of course it's warm, but that's sunny Florida! I was raised here and haev lived here most of my adult life, and wouldn't have it any other way!

Enjoy your stay, sweetie!
Blessings and hugs,
Becky