Monday, September 21, 2009

Coffee in the Morning

Did you ever wake up in the morning to find that when your husband set-up the coffee pot the night before, he forgot to empty the carafe of the coffee that was already in it?  UGH!  Can you say "coffee all over the counter-top and under the cabinet below"?  What would I do without him? 

Our conference went great here in Chattanooga.  Over 400 leaders in attendance and everyone had a wonderful day of training and learning and sharing. We had a wonderful keynote speaker that everyone loved!

For me, the day was exhausting though.  After setting everything up on Friday night and then not getting more than 2 1/2  hours sleep on Friday night,  I was totally exhausted on Saturday and Sunday.  We went to church Sunday morning (we had our Homecoming Celebration) and I came home and fell across the bed and didn't get up til dh awakened me at 3:30 p.m.  He was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep again that night.  Wow it was hard to get up though!  Today is much better after a good night's rest last night.  I think I might even try to work on my book a little more later.  Now that the conference is behind us, I can do that. 

I'm looking forward to this Saturday, when we will be leaving to go to Illinois to see my Mom for her 80th birthday on Monday!  We can only stay for the weekend, but we'll at least get to see her and wish her a happy birthday in person!

Well, that's all for today!  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

3 comments:

BECKY said...

Hey Gal, Sounds like you've been busy!! We have too, but I am feeling 100% now so that's ok!

How awesome to go celebrate your Mom's 80th birthday!! Give her a hug for me! My Mom went to be with the Lord in 2004 and I would sure love to give her a hug again!

Have a fun, safe time and be sure to get a little more rest this week!!

HUGS,
Becky

BECKY said...

Me again, Linda!
I will be so very happy to help you with any blogging questions you might have!! You can email me at holidayinthesun_1@yahoo.com and I will help if I can! I so appreciate those who have helped me!!
Blessings sweetie!
Becky

Jan Mader said...

What a beautiful blog!

I'm a children's author...I'd love for you to come visit!