Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sleep Aludes Me



I went to bed earlier than usual tonight, hoping to get a good night's rest so I would be fresh in the morning for our conference.  Unfortunately, we had to take the crew out to dinner late tonight after everyone got their workshop rooms all set up.  It was late and we went to a "Southern Cooking" place.  Can you say "FRIED FOOD"?  Not the best thing for someone that is 'not a spring chick anymore'! lol  I laid there and laid there and just couldn't get to sleep!  My stomach was rebelling and punishing me for not being kind to it.  So I came to "Blogland" and decided to look around; visiting a few of my favorites and then thought I should at least let everyone know I was here.  You're all probably sound asleep right now, enjoying your soft bed.  I have to be up at 5:30 a.m. in the morning to get ready to go so we can be at the church bright and early and have everything ready for the crowd as they begin to come in for registration at 7:15 a.m.  We'll get the coffee started and have the donuts and snacks ready and be waiting on them at the registration and sales tables.  I'll have bags under my eyes! :)  Oh well...  I need to learn a lesson in "self-control" and NOT eat that late at night, even if I've not eaten much all day! We have a good friend and it doesn't matter if he hasn't eaten all day, if he can't eat until late, then he just doesn't eat.  Simple as that.  I need to learn that kind of self-control and discipline!  I'm praying I will!

1 comment:

Southern Lady said...

Linda, there's nothing more miserable than tossing and turning half the night. Sometimes I wake up and my mind kicks in and I may as well give up and get up ... and sometimes I do.

I hope everything went well for your and Frank's conference. Hopefully, you'll be able to get some rest tonight.